Trusted by Leading Energy Organizations
Oil and Gas workers are
8.5 times more likely
to be involved in a vehicle accident due to fatigue.
Almost 9 in 10 employers
say skills shortages are having a negative impact on productivity.
One study found fatigued workers cost U.S. employers more than $136 billion per year in lost productivity.
Ensure Smooth Operations
Automate complex and time-consuming tasks so that coverage is attained quickly and accurately.
- Find coverage quickly with an auto-generated list of available and qualified workers.
- Assign workers in a specific order matching the way each unit operates.
- Notify workers of schedule changes and promote shift openings automatically.
Distribute Overtime Fairly
Balance overtime equitably to ensure worker satisfaction, reduce burnout, and avoid union grievances.
- Auto-update employee work stats, including OT balance, last OT dates, and shift refusals to ensure sound decisions.
- Allocate overtime assignments in the employee priority order required by your OT policy and union contracts.
- Offer workers access to their own OT stats and priority standing to foster trust and transparency.
Mitigate Fatigue and Safety Risk
Accurately enforce fatigue standards such as PHMSA and API RP 755 and provide proof of compliance on demand.
- Automatically block assignments that violate any fatigue rules and recommended practices.
- Make appropriate exceptions with critical insights such as rule impact and severity.
- Run purpose-built audit reports to provide proof of compliance and justify rule deviations.
5 Reasons Energy Companies Choose Shiftboard
Tailor-Fit Scheduling for the Energy Industry
Match the specific scheduling protocols required by each unit with highly configurable workflows. Handle industry-specific scenarios such as Turnaround and Emergency Response Team (ERT) scheduling.
Robust Overtime Equalization
Reduce overtime allocation errors and employee grievances by matching the exact overtime counting and distribution methods in your OT policy or bargaining agreement.
Superior Job Proficiency Management
Automatically rotate workers among various jobs to maintain their work eligibility as required by OSHA and in-house policies. Leverage purpose-built reports to project skill mix availability for better training and hiring decisions.
Empower employees with secured web and mobile app access to view schedules, trade shifts, pick up additional shifts, request time off, etc.
Shiftboard saved us almost $3M in costs and is a proven solution for API RP 755 compliance. Employee scheduling was a vital concern at an executive level — They went over and above the call of duty to meet our needs.Larry Heasley,
HR Manager, Shell
More Energy Industry Insights
The 5 Myths of Overtime Management
Managing hourly worker overtime is a complex workforce challenge, but it’s not impossible. Learn why these common myths don’t hold up.
Scheduling Compliance Solution Sheet
Learn how Shiftboard ensures full-cycle compliance with labor laws, union agreements, and internal employee scheduling policies.