Food and Beverage
Medical and Pharmaceutical
Trusted by Leading Manufacturers Worldwide
AK Steel (acquired by Cleveland-Cliffs) reduced absenteeism by 38% using our solution to standardize and automate scheduling processes.
According to The Manufacturing Institute and Deloitte Consulting LLP, 22% of manufacturing workers, along with their unique skill sets, will be retiring in the next ten years.
Surveys of manufacturers with shift work and overtime practices report some employees average up to 500 hours of overtime annually.
Ensure Smooth Operations
Respond quickly and efficiently to changing labor needs.
- Create new schedules in minutes based on production volumes.
- Fill open shifts automatically with qualified and available employees.
- Handle unexpected changes, such as callouts and order demand swings, with robust day-of tools.
Control Labor and Overtime Costs
Reduce wasteful overtime and overstaffing to drive higher cost-efficiency.
- Assign straight-time employees or tap into flex labor pools before bringing in overtime.
- Identify and reassign extra employees to production lines that need them the most.
- Gain clear visibility into current and forecast overtime stats to stay on budget.
Reduce Turnover and Fill More Shifts
Keep employees satisfied and reduce turnover rates with flexible and fair schedules.
- Collect and accommodate employee schedule preferences seamlessly.
- Keep employees engaged and productive with online self service and mobile apps.
- Build fairness and trust by equalizing overtime distribution among employees.
5 Reasons Manufacturers Choose Shiftboard
Tailor-Fit Scheduling Automation
Match the particular scheduling processes and rules at each site, plant, and unit with highly flexible configurations.
Manufacturing Specific Functionality
Handle manufacturing-specific scheduling scenarios such as production line shutdowns, worker shuffles, job rotation, and more.
Create the best possible schedule with an always-on optimization engine that analyzes and recommends assignments for the best coverage, cost, and compliance outcomes.
Ensure fair hour assignments among employees with exclusive OT detection and equalization mechanisms.
Full Cycle Compliance
Go beyond rules enforcement and support exceptions management and audit logging. The only compliance guarantee available in the marketplace
At LUSH, we utilize technology to specifically assist in scheduling our staff in a manner that accommodates their needs, while also ensuring that our staffing strategy meets the needs of the business. We will further refine the ways in which we schedule our staff to better serve them, and also help us achieve operational excellence.
Alan Nair, Labor Scheduling Project Lead, LUSH Fresh Handmade Cosmetics
What Would You Like to Do Next?
Talk with Us
We’ll be in touch for a short conversation about your workforce scheduling challenges and how we can help.
Learn More About Software
See how Shiftboard’s SchedulePro can help you maintain compliance and address challenges like fatigue.