AK Steel reduced absenteeism by 38% using our solution to standardize and automate scheduling processes.
2 of the world’s largest global chemical companies rely on our solution to ensure compliance with fatigue risk management initiatives.
According to US Labor Statistics, manufacturing employees average up to 500 hours of overtime a year.
Ensure Smooth Operations
Deliver on production commitments by maximizing shift coverage with speed, agility, and precision.
- Create new schedules in seconds by automating shift requirements, shift patterns, and workflows specified in your operational practice, internal policies, and union agreements.
- Fill last-minute vacancies with automated employee lists that have been validated against all compliance rules, skills eligibility, overtime implications, and more.
- Minimize operation disruptions by examining staffing levels, group schedules, and backfill options before approving leave requests.
Keep Labor Skills Current
Maintain employees’ eligibility for critical jobs by creating smart schedules that keep labor skills, qualifications, and proficiency current.
- Ensure employees’ proficiencies are maintained by rotating their schedules among critical jobs at desired frequencies.
- Plan for schedule adjustments and training in advance by projecting employees’ future qualifications and proficiency status.
- Evaluate employee skills inventory for training needs and schedule training based on employee availability.
Control Overtime Cost
Manage overtime cost and distribution to ensure schedules are on-budget, fair, and adherent to your overtime policy.
- Exhaust all non-overtime options before initiating overtime. When overtime is required, prioritize employee options based on overtime cost implications.
- Compare actual overtime status to forecasted overtime in real-time to stay on track with the budget.
- Reduce employee grievances and associated fines by assigning overtime shifts in the employee order specified in internal policies and collective bargaining agreements.
Trusted by Leading Manufacturers Worldwide
5 Reasons Why Process Manufacturers Trust Shiftboard’s Solutions
Scheduling Workflow Matching
Follow your unique scheduling and backfill processes to ensure employee assignments are standardized, fair, and error-free.
Manufacturing Specific Functionality
Address your specific manufacturing scheduling needs with purpose-built capabilities such as line-balancing, hold-overs, on-call rotations, and emergency response team assignments.
Fill Rate Optimization
Create schedules that yield the best labor skill utilization, shift coverage, and overtime costs with smart business logic. Improve fill rates with instant employee alerts and a wide array of backfill methods such as shift bids, shift trades, and volunteer sign-up.
Overtime Detection and Control
Reduce overtime allocation and payroll errors by matching the exact overtime counting methods in your OT policy or collective bargaining agreement. Use exclusive tools such as “grievance checker” to identify more cost efficient or fairer OT assignment options for each shift.
Qualification and Proficiency-Based Scheduling
Design smart schedules that verify employees are current in job qualifications and proficiencies and leverage current status throughout the scheduling process.